The SK Accountants Website
We take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience. This website complies with all EU & UK national laws and requirements for user privacy.
We collect personal data/information in various ways
- Directly from you when you fill out one of the forms directly on the SK Accountants website.
- When signing up to receive our e-newsletter
- Registering as a user.
- Communicating or corresponding with us via telephone, post, email, messenger or on social media.
We may collect personal information such as:
- Your contact information including name, address, email address, telephone.
- Your communications with us.
- Your device location data and Internet Protocal (IP) address.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
How we may use your personal information
We use your personal information in various ways including:
- Action any requests you make.
- To allow us to run, maintain and develop our business.
- Supply you with requested information
- To send you our e-newsletter if you have opted in to receive it.
- Send you information about our products and services by email or other means if you have opted into receiving relevant marketing communications.
- Send you information about products and services offered by other companies that we think you might be interested in if you have opted into receiving relevant marketing communications.
- To help us improve our website to make it more intuitive and engaging.
- To perform market research.
- To help personalise your user experience.
- Provide you with access to parts of our website.
- For legal, regulatory or business reasons such as assisting crime and fraud prevention.
- To perform analysis and research and monitor your usage behaviour
Cookies are small files saved to the user’s computers hard drive that track, save and store information about the user’s interactions and usage of the website. This allows SK Accountants, through its server to provide users with a tailored experience within this website.
How to disable Cookies
Users who wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website on to their computers hard drive should take necessary steps within their web browsers security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors.
You can change your web browser’s settings at any time to reflect your cookie preferences. Details on how to disable cookies for the most common browsers can be found below:
What happens if I disable cookies?
Depending on which cookies you disable, generally though the website may not function properly if cookies are switched completely off. By disabling third party cookies only you will not be preventing from completing most actions on the SK Accountants website.
For more information about cookies please visit: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
We do not make and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of anyone our website.
We collect personal information such as your name and email address when you sign up to join our mailing list. We do this to be able to contact you with relevant information, products and services, check you wish to continue and that you are happy with our services and wish to continue as a registered user.
To help us deliver the SK Accountants e-newsletter we may use the services of MailChimp, a third-party email marketing company. Statistics are gathered on opening emails using industry-standard technologies which help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter.
You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our e-newsletter emails or contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Links to third-party websites
SK Accountants may have external links to third party websites although none of these links are intended to provide us with any personal information about you. However, when you do visit those websites you may find that they would like to collect your personal information for their own purposes. Please check their privacy policies in each to see how they plan to capture, use and store your personal data.
Adverts and Sponsored Links
SK Accountants may sometimes contain sponsored links and adverts. These will typically be served through our advertising partners, each one will have their own detailed cookie and privacy policies relating directly to the adverts they serve.
SK Accountants cannot be held liable for any damages, losses or implications caused by visiting any external websites linked, intentionally or not, from our website.
Social Media Platforms
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
How we keep your personal information secure
- SK Accountants makes every effort to safeguard your personal data and to ensure it is stored in a secure environment.
- Data may also be stored on encrypted cloud hosting systems with very limited personnel access.
- Data storage devices are kept in a secure facility with restricted physical access.
- Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
- We do not process online payments. Any payments for services are made via secure third party services such as PayPal.
Sharing your Personal Information & Data
- We will never sell, share, rent or exchange your personal data with any unauthorised third parties.
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties in the following cases:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If the SK Accountants assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
How long do we keep your information for?
We will hold onto and store your personal information for as long as we actually need it for ( or allowed by law ) the purposes we acquired it for in the first place.
This is generally whilst you continue to be a client of SK Accountants and are using our website services and products, or are signed up to our newsletter.
For a reasonable period of time after you have unsubscribed to our e-newsletter or any services we offer.
Access to your personal information
You are entitled to have full access to any of your personal information that we may hold. You may also request us to amend or delete your personal information at any time.
Please email your request to email@example.com or via post to
SK Accountants, 86 Bury Old Road, Cheetham Hill, Manchester, M8 5BW
Changes to this Privacy Notice
This privacy notice was reviewed and updated on the 19th December 2019 and will be periodically checked, changes will be posted here.
Resolving Privacy Issues
We will always try our best to resolve any data privacy issue you may have. You have the right to refer to any data privacy issue to the Information Commissioner’s Office at any time.
Staying safe online
Ths website Get Safe Online has plenty of sound good advice about protecting yourself and keeping your personal data safe online.
GDPR – Data Protection Regulation
GDPR the new Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) approved by the EU Parliament on 14 April 2016. Enforcement date: 25 May 2018. The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) replaces the Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC